We have profound expertise and diverse capabilities in handling complex and multi-jurisdictional corporate commercial disputes. Our Alternative Dispute Resolution team has significant experience in handling domestic and international arbitration including preliminary forms of dispute resolution, such as conciliation and mediation. Our advice extends across diverse sectors such as banking and finance, commercial, construction and engineering, corporate, employment, financial services, restructuring, insolvency, trusts and succession and probate matters. Our emphasis is on aligning dispute resolution strategy with the commercial interests of our clients. We understand time is of essence and our objective is to provide effective remedy efficiently.
Our dispute resolution lawyers have rich experience in cross border financial and investment disputes before courts and arbitral tribunals. We regularly work with lawyers in other jurisdictions to provide a comprehensive cross border strategy for cross border disputes. A large part of our clientele comprises of large multinational corporations, leading domestic corporate houses, international financial institutions and funds. In addition, we advise clients on statutory and regulatory inquiries, as well as criminal proceedings arising out of economic offences. It has always been our endeavour to prevent the occurrence of disputes by ensuring preparation of documentation addressing contemplated risk exposure; in cases of contractual and non-contractual disputes, we represent our clients by assisting them with:
- Conciliation: Negotiation and conciliation on disputes relating to joint ventures and shareholders’ rights.
- Mediation: Rendering mediation services to clients.
- Choice of law and venue: Advising on the suitable venue of arbitration and choice of procedural and substantive law.
- Domestic Arbitration: Conducting domestic arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 and ICA rules.
- International Arbitration: Conducting international arbitration under UNCITRAL and ICC Rules.
- Intervention of courts: Appearing before appropriate forums in arbitral petitions seeking appointment of Arbitrator.
- Enforcement of arbitral awards: Actions to enforce arbitral awards in India and abroad.