India has undoubtedly emerged as a global tech giant and has surpassed a lot of economies in this sector. Our significant clientele, being in the technology space depend on us for our innovative and commercial solutions on various aspects that impact their business. We strive to develop strategies and solutions for our clients from a legal and regulatory perspective across jurisdictions in which our clients function.
With our industry knowledge and practical and strategic experience, we have advised several e-commerce companies, IT companies, Business Process Outsourcing companies (BPOs) on data protection, content licensing, protection of intellectual property rights and data privacy in addition to their efficient structuring from a legal and regulatory perspective. We assist our clients with:
- Data Privacy and Protection: We advise on data privacy and protection laws, web mail policies, use and protection of customers’ data by effective drafting of agreements and disclaimers.
- Compliance: Advising on techno-legal compliances and the potential cyber risks.
- Employment laws: Our expertise lies in employment laws, drafting employee privacy policies, employment agreements to ensure that the company is not held liable for any breach by the employee with respect to any confidential data.
- E-commerce: We advise clients on efficient structuring of e-commerce platforms in India which are complying with the exchange control regime and are able to seek foreign investments.
- IPR Protection: Drafting and vetting of various agreements, policies and procedures for protection of the intellectual property rights.
- Regulatory Approvals: Establishing units of Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) under the relevant scheme, establishing units at Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
- Due Diligence: Conducting cyber law due diligence and also due diligence on the companies carrying out BPO and information technology business in India.
- Advisory: We advise on various laws and regulations relating to BPO in India including information technology, intellectual property, privacy laws, etc.
- Documentation: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of web-hosting agreements, service agreements, online trading agreements, user/subscriber agreements, technology transfer, content license agreements, distribution agreements, franchise agreements, sub-contractor agreements, intellectual property development agreements and other similar documentation. We also draft and review of the terms and conditions, privacy policies, disclaimers, internet risk management policies et al.