Considering the strategic location of our offices and with the evolution of media and entertainment industry, our attorneys specialising in the field of media and entertainment primarily focus on advising clients on all legal and regulatory matters including drafting and negotiation of various agreements for development, production, publishing, distribution, use and exploitation of audio-visual materials in all forms, traditional and contemporary i.e. TV, print, internet and radio.
Our clientele includes leading celebrities, sportsmen, production houses, print media, IT companies, start-ups and so on. In view of the dynamic nature of the industry and its unique complexities, we focus on providing practical contemporary advice to our clients. We assist our clients with:
- Film Production: Drafting and negotiation of film related documentation at the stages of pre-production, filming and post production.
- Celebrity engagements and endorsements: Drafting and negotiating celebrity agreements, production agreements, endorsement agreements, etc.
- Print and Digital Media: Structuring, drafting and negotiating agreements for acquisition of publishing and broadcasting media rights.
- Online Gaming & Casino business: Advising on regulatory aspects of gaming laws and casino business in India. Drafting of commercial arrangements for licensing and distribution pertaining to online gaming.
- Talent Agreements: Talent agreements, including as between directors, producers, sportsmen, artists, composers, writers and lyricists.
- Financing Agreements: Preparation of documentation for financing the projects.
- Web and mobile-based applications: Draft website and service terms and conditions, privacy policies, agreements with web and platform developers and such other related services.
- IP Advisory: We advise on strategizing and protection of intellectual property rights. Making representation against any claims or infringements of the intellectual property rights. We also advise on privacy and data protection.
- Documentation: Drafting and negotiating various contracts such as licensing and assignment agreements; distribution agreements, commissioning agreements; merchandising agreements, sponsorship agreements, endorsement agreements, syndication agreements, broadcasting agreements, publishing agreements, recording agreements, consultancy agreements for print, internet, TV and radio.