In the wake of ever growing demand for infrastructure projects coupled with steps taken to attract business ventures being set up in India, the lending sector is expected to grow multi fold in near future. We have earned a formidable reputation in creating innovative solutions for our clients by developing complex financing techniques that lead the industry. We are trusted advisers to reputable NBFCs, real estate developers, venture debt funds, asset management companies and institutional lenders for lending transactions across multiple sectors.
We advise our clients across the full spectrum of financing transactions, including corporate facilities, consortium lending, leveraged finance facilities for domestic, overseas and cross- border buyouts, derivatives, trade finance, project finance, asset and structured finance and restructurings. We provide our in-depth expertise in light of relevant industry specific requirements and provide tailored solutions to our clients. Structured financial transactions in the form of domestic or cross-border securitization have also gained momentum in course of time. Through our broad based expertise in diverse legal areas, we have been able to garner sufficient capabilities to advise banks, financial institutions and institutional borrowers including prominent real estate developers in these transactions to ensure that the strategy adopted best addresses the interests of the client. We are also strongly active in the microfinance space and advise a wide range of clients in this sector. Our team has advised on a number of microfinance related transactions and prides itself on being able to provide real and much-needed solutions helping to transform businesses in the economies.
In the finance / project finance / banking / microfinance space, we assist our clients with:
- Advising on structuring of the lending mechanisms in view of the prevailing laws and market practices.
- Structuring and assistance in setting up of NBFCs and in enabling foreign MFIs to establish presence in India under different structures such as trusts, societies, NBFCs and Section 8 companies.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of term sheets and sanction letters.
- Legal due diligence of target companies including conducting title search of properties situated in different territories and review of applicable permits / approval and consents from appropriate regulatory authorities for the purpose of legal risk assessment.
- Advising on foreign exchange regulatory regime in respect of external commercial borrowings and investments in corporate debt sector by foreign portfolio investors, etc.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of transaction documents for MFI products and services including retail, micro-insurance, microcredit, financial inclusion services, self – help groups, joint – liability groups, and with compliance under applicable laws.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of financing documents including facility / loan agreements, debenture trust deeds, security documents such as mortgage deed, deed of hypothecation, deed of guarantee and share pledge agreements, specific consortium lending documents such as security trustee agreements, inter-creditor agreements, facility agent agreements and such other ancillary documents.
- Preparation of ancillary documents pertaining to lending transactions, and compliance with conditions precedents and as required under various applicable laws.